Sunday 24 June 2012

RA Community

I have been reading blogs written by RA patients for years now.  The "patient experts" are so much more help in the area of support than the doctors, who just don't have the time and are spread way too thin anyway.

There ought to be some serious initiatives to encourage doctors to go into rheumatology.  At least the hours are fairly regular, and the patients are very appreciative.  But I hear that the pay scale is lower.  A resident told me recently that becoming an internist was more attractive to her.

There is a lot to learn when you find out that you have a chronic disease and it is such a timesucker.  It can easily take me all morning to get moving to face the world even though I can still make it for 9:00am if there is sufficient need

No comments:

Post a Comment