Wednesday 1 May 2013

Hurt, Hurt - RA Playlist

Many of us have pain as a common thread in our conversations.  Hence the title of the post. It comes from Runaround Sue, an oldie by Dion and the Belmonts, and the best Hurt song ever.  

Listening to music is a good way to take your mind off of your body for a while. In fact music is an inspirational plus while writing blog posts.  It doesn't work as well when I try to understand a complex scientific paper unfortunately.  These days focus is more necessary than multi-tasking.

With chronic disease how many of us do not wish for Yesterday?  If only We Could Turn Back Time we think we'd be a lot happier.

Hurt So Good is an unknown concept in the RAD community, Misery is more apt.  For those with neuropathy Needles and Pins might be the song of the day.

                                            Needles and Pins - Neuropathy

Don't try to tell us that Everybody Hurts. That does not go over well: in fact it's a pet peeve. What we really have is All The Things You Never Wanted.

                                Things I never wanted in my house

What we hear from well-meaning friends is Don't Worry, Be Happy. They think that's a sure cure for what ails us when we Haven't Got Time For the Pain.

Really, the King of Pain is after us and we are trapped in a Sea of Heartbreak.  OK, that's a little dramatic. All we have to do is go Off To See The Wizard (rheumy). Hopefully then we'll be Feeling Good.

When that doesn't work I Fall To Pieces and wish for Novacane or  Dilaudid. (Note:Those are not my painkillers of choice, nor are they recommended).

We need to take The High Road so we don't Lose It and go Sliding Down the Crooked Road.  And here we are planning to exercise and the best we can do is Once Around The Block.  Even though we're younger we'll never have the Moves Like Jagger.



And for the final illness indignity All the Money I Had Is Gone.  We pay quite a price to coexist with chronic problems.

                                        guardian.co.uk

I'd say that What Doesn't Kill You makes You Stronger isn't  accurate with RAD. Physically you often lose strength.  Mentally it's hard to judge your own strength but we always hope for a Beautiful Day.




















6 comments:

  1. As much as my hip is nagging at me right now, this post has really made me smile!!! Great stuff Annette, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny Annette, bravo and thanks for my lunchtime laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gilly and Theresa. I'm glad you got a laugh from it. It was fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette I love this post!! Music has always been such an integral part of my life - as far back as I can remember, almost every memory is tied in some way to music! This was so clever & really made me smile! I think I'll have to make a pain playlist on my phone now including many of these songs!! I know I've said it before, but thanks again for your wonderful blog - you really provide a lifeline for me somedays!! I enjoy all the information you provide and the humor too! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad that you liked it. It made me laugh too, a real back in time trip.
    There are a lot of pain songs out there for your new playlist. My favourite title was "All the Things You Never Wanted" Those worms are in my great niece's hands. She so cute you might easily change your mind about the worms.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun, Annette - I might try this too one day. :)

    ReplyDelete