Wednesday 22 January 2014

More Items To Make Life Easier

These things make it easier for me to do what I want to do. 

There's a great line of kitchen items I have found.  The first ones ever were these bowls, from the store at the Museum of Modern Art. (that's not the only place you can find them) The brand is Chef'n. I like them - this is not a paid ad.


You can pinch them a little and make a pouring spout and the material is non slip so easy to hold.



They also make a palm shaped brush and peeler. They don't slip out of your hand since they go over your finger. That's a big plus for me.

This curved little brush just fits in your palm.


Here's an example of what you can do with those magnetic handles from the first post about Items That Make Life Easier With RA. This is something I hadn't even thought of doing at first.

Original cabinet drawer
Now with magnetic handle

I no longer have to turn my hand to open the drawer and now the file cabinet matches the one beside it. A win-win.

I have a rolling case full of useful items. Of coursenot everything is equally useful. If they were in everyday use they would not be in the case. Sometimes I do demonstrations for The Arthritis Society in their local classes on Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis. People love to see ideas to make life easier.

However, I have not found a solution for the types of heavy-gauge zip-lock bags that are found in boxes of frozen meat products. After I throw them on the floor in frustration I slice them with an exacto knife or cut them with scissors and use one of  my own bags. (the easy-to-use type).






1 comment:

  1. Hello Anet! Just found your blog and wanted to say hello! Your input could actually be very helpful for me. Please email me at mtrucillo(at)recallcenter(dot)com if you see this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete